2010-06-25

Friday with Milo and Toast

So I've got lots to write and share with my very small audience (I'm sure).
There's food and fashion, oh and of course design.
Maybe I'll start with right now and work my way back.
Right at this moment, I am sitting on my couch, with



(raisin toast and a milo... fatty I know, but its Friday, gimme a break).

reflecting on the week just gone, and super excited for what the weekend holds. Yep, I've got lots of projects planned.

So I posted before about how I'm a closet fashion lover, and how much I hate spending money on clothes, well... I fell in love with a $200 pair of shoes. I've been wanting something like them for a while now, and just never found the right thing.

They are Tony Bianco Neons. Yep fell in love. I made the mistake of walking eagerly into a shop that I knew stocked them and caressing them (they are suede, alright?).


Of course the shop assistant leaped on me the minute I picked them up, encouraged me to try them on ("no harm in trying"), and promptly told me that he'd love to see me walk out with them on my feet. I had to get out then. I made an excuse about how I wasn't sure about the ankle on them, politely took the details of the shoes and gapped it. *Sigh* - am I doomed to spend $200 on shoes?

BUT WAIT, here comes the bargin hunter. Yep, I found these....




And I got a belt too. Kirsty's spending money? WHAT? You'll NEVER guess what I paid. $41.95 for both. Yep! A belt and Tony Bianco style shoes for $41.95.
I'm not sharing my secret of where I got them though. If you want to know that you'll have to grovel (or just email me).

My next mission is this:


Chloe Suede Multi Strap Wedges > my "I'm embracing summer" shoes. They retail for $950 (now I really can't afford that), but just you wait. They will be on my feet for a very reasonable price before summer is upon us.
Don't they look amazing. (So she has the closed toe version - but I'm open to whatever I find. Beggers can't be choosers.)





Anyway, onto other things. My projects for the weekend.

I'll start with this one. Project Patchwork, is run by the lovely Lizzy Wilson. She has 3 quilts on the go, and will be raffling them off, with the proceeds going to the Australian Cambodia Foundation which funds an orphanage in Cambodia run by an Australian, Geraldine Cox. (Check out Project Patchwork for more info). So I thought I'd get involved. I emailed her, and before I knew it, she had posted me a little package full of squares to stitch for the "Heart Quilt". Poor Josh got so tired of me rushing through the front door after work and saying "has it arrived?". It did, after what seemed like forever. And here it is.



I've stitched the hearts now, and will stitch it all together this weekend and send it back to her soon. The clever girl has gotten 27 high-profile crafty people from all around to make a square each too for a different quilt. I'm sure this will get a bit of attention, and the best part is, it's all for a good cause.


Next project for the weekend is setup and launch of So Little Time Co.

Yep, it's now co. I plan to get a website going, with a crafty section (more to come on that soon) and a design section so that I can eventually freelance under the one name. I've already got a job lined up, so what better way to start than with a new website. For now I'll be following this. Design Sponges' Biz Ladies section is my new best friend. This post teaches you how to set up your own easy to use website.

Another project is have lined up is some laser cutting goodness. Yep, that crafty section of the website I was talking about, well its jewellery, and it's where the name started.... Wait for the website. Then all it's glorious goodness will be revealed.

I also hope to do some kind of poster. Something beautiful that I can stick on the wall. Maybe like this:



Image from Design Sponge, by Mike Miller for West Elm


Simple but beautiful.

And finally, I want to get a start on our wedding book. I have amazing ideas for it, and can't wait to get started. Plus it's book design... Right up my alley.

So I'll stop writing now. My toast is gone, my milo got cold so I had to drink fast. I will leave you (who ever you are) with some visual inspiration and blog links I found this week.



Initial concept for a project at work. Sorry for the low res iPhone image.



I'd wear this as a necklace or something. Image from here.



Jennifer Sanchez is her name. She thinks her paintings would be best suited to a babies room.



Stamp sets by Ink&Wit (love!)






This girl need her own post. I think she is worthy. Will post about her tomorrow I think.







And one more, Studio 3 from Oslo (student studio) have made this, and I want one. You can see more here.

Ok I'll admit I nabbed most of these images from an amazing blog I found today. The Daily Smudge has so much to offer. I am so in love I will most likely spend the rest of my night going through the previous posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment