2011-02-24

Books Books Books


Image sourced here.

I started this year in great form. I thought that this was my year to improve my "read it" list. I made a list of books I wanted to read, and my goal was finish 20 books this year - which is quite a lot considering I can count on my hands how many books I've ever finished reading. I thought it was time to improve my literacy and language skills. So I went out and bought a book - started easy - I bought a compilation of Hans Christian Anderson originals fairy tales. I love it, but I've only got halfway. Life just gets in the way. So its very embarrassing for me to say that my "I hate books" husband (the amount of books he's read I can count on two fingers), is onto his 3rd book for the year. I better get moving hey?

So I thought I'd share with you a special gift I was given by my mother-in-law, as its quite fitting with the topic. On condition that I never sell them and that they stay in the family, I was given 4 Hans Christian Anderson books - volumes of his fairy tales. These belonged to my husbands grandmother, but I think there is more to this story, so I need to do some investigating.

In the mean time, you should see these beautiful books. Boy do books get me excited. I just wish I had time to read them (excuse the iPhone quality).



No comments:

Post a Comment